Managing Your Tinnitus
We Can Help You Manage and Relieve Some of Your Tinnitus Symptoms.
What Is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus (“TIN-a-tus” or “tin-EYE-tus”) is the medical term for the sensation of hearing sound in your ears when no external sound is present. In most cases, tinnitus is a subjective noise, meaning only the sufferer can hear it. Typically, sufferers describe the sound as “ringing in ears”, though others describe it as hissing, buzzing, whistling, roaring and even chirping.
The Effects Of Tinnitus Are Real
Because tinnitus is subjective, it affects people in different ways. For some, it’s a minor annoyance, one they can deal with easily. For others, it can result in more serious issues such as:
- Long-term sleep disruption
- Changes in cognitive ability
- An inability to concentrate (e.g., completing tasks or reading)
- Stress in relationships
- Anxiety and depression
- Employment challenges
Did You Know?
- Some 50 million adults suffer from tinnitus (1 in 5)
- Tinnitus is the #1 disability for military veterans
- Tinnitus can occur at any age, and may begin suddenly or progress gradually
The Most Common Causes Of Tinnitus Are:
- Head injury
- Medication side effect
- Noise exposure (e.g., from hunting or machines at work)
Sadly, there is no known cure… But There Is Relief
Currently, there is no known tinnitus cure. No surgery or pill has been shown to get rid of tinnitus in any clinically accepted study, but there is relief. Contact us today to learn how we can help and to learn more about our tinnitus technology products.